As impetigo is a highly contagious, the first impetigo prevention is hygiene precautions to stop the skin infection spreading to other people.
The advice below will help for impetigo prevention:
The basic of impetigo prevention is to prevent the impetigo returning, keep cuts and scratches clean, and ensure that any condition that causes broken skin, such as eczema, is treated promptly.
- Keep children off nursery, playgroup or school until their sores have dried up, blistered or crusted over or until 48 hours after starting impetigo treatment.
- Do not share flannels, sheets or towels with infected people, and wash them at a high temperature.
- Wash the sores with soap and water each day and cover them loosely with a gauze bandage or clothing.
- Do not touch the sores.
- Wash your hands, particularly after touching infected skin.
- Avoid contact with babies until the risk of contagion has passed.
- Washable toys should be washed. Wipe non-washable soft toys with a cloth that has been wrung out in detergent and warm water and allowed to dry completely.
- Treat suspected or confirmed cases quickly.
- Keep fingernails short and clean.
- Personal items, such as soap and towels, should be kept separate from other family members.
- Cover cuts and grazes with a plaster or dressing.
Impetigo prevention with Defense Soap! Impetigo is less common among adults however contact sports athletes are more suceptible to skin infections. Using synthetic chemicals to clean your skin before you train is not the right option. The bacteria on your skin are your natural protection when you are training. Using products on your skin before you train makes you more susceptible to impetigo by killing the protection that nature has provided for you.
The advanced hygiene products from Defense Soap do not contain synthetic chemicals. They are formulated with 100% natural essential oils. These essential oils are known to have very powerful antibacterial, antiviral properties. Yet, they do not destroy all of the skinís natural bacteria, as chemicals will. The healthy bacteria left behind continue to flourish and allow the skin to continue to protect itself from harmful pathogens. An Ideal impetigo prevention!